September 24, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things - Part III

As I sit here putting together this blog post, I am thinking how I wish I had more time to actually write something funny and interesting. Unfortunately, I am both exhausted and in desperate need of more time in a day. I woke up this morning (third night in a row with max 5 hours of sleep) with my eyes swollen, laptop still open on the pillow next to me, bedside lamp on and phone next to my hand. BTW, when I say eyes swollen, I mean SWOLLEN. The kind of swollen where you want to show everyone because it is impossible to express in words how bad you look. Not pretty. I had to eliminate makeup today to try and get them to heal up. What could possibly be keeping me up so late and working so hard you ask... I have been working my tail off for the Serving Up Style design competition at the Portland Fall Home & Garden Show starting 9/29 and at this point, I both look and feel somewhat like a zombie. It never fails. You think you have everything all taken care of and ready to go and then reality hits. Time always goes by way quicker than expected and inevitably, something goes wrong. Since the projects are top secret I can't elaborate, but I will leave you with these clues. Red Foil. White Vinyl. Apples. 
Hope to see you all down there!

And now my favorite things...
Schumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon Fabric Print
Knitted Chair by Miriam Ortwed
Alexander McQueen-Spring/Summer 2001

Wonder Woman My Little Pony by Mari Kasurinen
Jonathan Adler
Sotheby's auction
Jasper Conran and William Neoward
Gemstone Painting by Carly Waito
(Yeah, that is a PAINTING. Not a photo. Amazing!)
Eileen Kathryn Boyd
Prostores

Trust me when I say, the new ones don't hold a candle to the 80's Pudding Pops.

XOXO


No comments: