July 22, 2010

I Heart Antique Windows!

I have a ton of old windows. All different sizes and styles. I've made one four pane window into an awesome picture frame, used some in my yard and for fence decoration, and now my newest design... A fabulous dark bubblegum pink cork board for my office. I had no intention of starting this project today, but I was working on something for a client and I figured I was already covered in paint, so why the hell not? I chose a two pane window frame that had the glass broken out of it. I primered the whole thing (hardware and all) and then painted it a very girly pink. Sometimes I feel like Shelby from Steel Magnolias when she says, "Pink is my signature color". Not that pink is the only color I like, but I seem to be drawn to it quite often. Anyway, I picked up cork tiles at the craft store and I'm going to attach them to the back of the frame tomorrow. Screw in a couple of hooks and wire and bada bing, bada boom! Hello fabulous cork board. Welcome to the office! The point here is that not only is it friendlier to our environment to reduce, reuse and recycle, but your options are only as limited as your imagination is. Creating new things from old adds character and gives you one of kind pieces that NO ONE else will have. Happy crafting PDX!

No comments: