August 15, 2010
August 9, 2010
Looking for a new coffee table? Here are a few things to consider before making that oh so important purchase.
1. Need extra seating? Ottomans are a fab solution for this problem. They can be easily moved for seating when you have guests and put back with a fun tray when using for a table.
2. Will there be kids in, on or around the table? If so, you want to stay away from sharp corners, pieces that can be easily scratched or stained and glass tabletops.
3. What is the height of the seating that will be around the table? Make sure you don’t choose a table that is too tall or too low for the sofa or chairs that will be around it. Unless you’re going for that Alice in Wonderland feel.
4. Looking for additional storage space? Go for a table that has shelving, storage baskets or a hide-away nook. Old trunks are a great option if you want to conceal the items you’re storing.
5. If you will be setting small items on the coffee table, be sure to stay away from slatted or uneven table tops. Drinks, food, paperwork, keys and remote controls can slip through the cracks.
6. Other things to remember… Wood tables are susceptible to watermarks, heat and cold. Coasters, coasters, coasters people! Consider the feel of the room. Stay true to the design you already have in place. Matchy matchy is a thing of the past. Just say no.