January 15, 2013

2013 Design Trends: Painted Ceilings

With a new year comes new design trends. I welcome 2013 with open arms. By October of every year, I'm usually pretty bored with the year's "it" design. Out with the old and in with the new.

Painted ceilings have been making a comeback for the last few years. But this year, I see people taking bigger and bolder choices with the paint selections. The ceiling is an easy way to add impact without painting the entire room. Add color, specialty finishes, wallpaper, etc.

1. HIGH GLOSS

High gloss, baby! I did this for a client last year and it is remarkable. Talk about
a statement. Remember when using high gloss paint, be very aware of your brush
strokes. High gloss paint shows EVERYTHING.

2. BLACK
I am so drawn to black paint right now. Dark, elegant, lovely. Keep in mind
that dark paint on a ceiling will make the room feel smaller. Be sure to select
a room that has lots of natural light.

3. GOLD
Is there anything more luxurious and regal than gold? I think not.

 HEARTS 

1 comment:

www.myplumdesign.com said...

Thank you for featuring our black ceilign! Image by www.mcgilldesign.ca and furniture by www.myplumdesign.com