September 30, 2011

Red Glitter Apples and Vinyl=LOVE

As I mentioned in my last post, I have been working feverishly on my design vignette for Serving Up Style. Well, you'll be happy to know that as of Wednesday night at 10:00 pm the installation was complete. Thanks to my awesome team and generous donors, CoCo Designs has a kick ass display this year. Sure, there were hiccups along the way. Wrong lighting order, platform measurements came in short, table got a crack in transit, ceiling panel wouldn't hang right, etc. I'd like to believe that kind of thing happens to all of the design teams (if I find out it doesn't, I just may cry). I equate the Serving Up Style experience to child birth. It's stressful, painful and causes lots of tears and bad words, but after it's over you forget all of the bad and have a feeling of euphoria and are ready to do it again. Thank you, Debbie McCabe for making the entire experience fun and exciting. 


 
If you're around this weekend and looking for something fun to do, come check out the show. Make sure you vote for your favorite (CoCo Designs)!

Main Exhibit Hours
Thursday, 9/29: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday, 9/30: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, 10/1: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, 10/2: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I had the super cool task of interviewing with HGTV's Michael Payne this morning. Talk about a sweet guy!


XOXO

No comments: