December 5, 2013

25 Days of Christmas CoCo Style - Day 5: In Your Face

With the month of December upon us, the invitations have begun. Parties, charity events, networking socials, plays, pageants... Don't get me wrong. I love having so many fun things to do, but it can really wear a girl out. How do I stay party fresh? I have a few key elements that I never go without. 

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! The cold weather sucks the moisture out of your skin, especially while you sleep. I have my humidifier run during the night to help my skin retain moisture. First thing in the morning, even before coffee, I drink a glass of room temperature water. This helps replenish your body and decrease puffiness.


With dry weather, comes dry skin. Even for oily skin folks. Exfoliating is super important. I swear by Kiehl's Skin Brightening Exfoliater. It's gentle enough to use 2-3 times a week and makes your skin feel powder soft. Another must have in my beauty book, Boscia's B.B. Cream. I have been using this for 2+ years and I still love it. I have recommended this to so many people and they are never sorry. Bliss Glamour Gloves, why have I just learned about you? When I first read the description for these gloves, I was skeptical. Seemed like a lot to expect from one pair of gloves. Wow, I was wrong. It says to wear them for 20 minutes, but I wear them overnight. My hands are rejuvenated and refreshed.
 Eye make-up! I am a firm believer in doing fun stuff with your make-up. It's an easy way to express yourself. Plus, I get bored when I use the same thing over and over. Don't you? Two staples in my make-up drawer are the Sephora Jumbo Liner and Liquid Liner. I have a tough time keeping eye make-up in place. These two do the job and do it right. The jumbo liner comes in a good range of colors and is easy to apply. I use it as eyeshadow and it sticks until I wash my face before bed. The liquid liner isn't waterproof, but it certainly doesn't smear. They do have a waterproof version, but I do just fine with the non-waterproof. Easy to apply by liquid liner standards.

Two very important finishing touches, Youngblood Blush in Temptress and Benefit Gimme Brow. Youngblood has a semi-wide range of colors, but Temptress is my baby. It takes almost no blush to create a dramatic cheekbone and add some fabulous color. For my brow, I use Gimme Brow. After many, many years of tweezing, I have done some damage to my once full brows. This liquid brow filler not only adds in the color of a pencil, but has waterproof fibers that adhere to your natural brows. It fills in and adds color and looks much more natural than a drawn on brow.

 Merry Christmas!

No comments: