December 8, 2014

25 Days of Christmas CoCo Style - Day 8: Let's Eat

One of the best things about the holiday season is the never-ending delicious food. I'm always looking for a killer recipe that makes people jealous and think I can actually cook. Why does food taste so much better during the holidays? I swear, I could bake every day and never get tired of it.


I've been making this soup for years. It is unbelievably yummy. I like to make a double or triple batch and freeze meals for those December nights when you don't have a free second to cook. And, it tastes even better after sitting overnight.

Helpful Hints: Stilton may be a bit more difficult to find, but don't go with straight blue cheese. The lighter flavor of Stilton is necessary for this soup.

Brussels always seem to be a hit at dinner parties. I love the addition of cranberries to this recipe. It really adds that hint of Christmas to an old favorite. This baby only has five ingredients and that is music to my ears.

Helpful Hints: While roasting the sprouts, check them every 10 minutes and flip them to get a a nice browned flavor on both sides.And grease the pan thoroughly to prevent sticking.

I made this pie for the first time on Thanksgiving. Let's just say it was a huge success. Probably the best apple pie I've ever had, if I do say so myself. It's the perfect combo of apple pie, cheesecake and caramel apple.

Helpful Hints: With such a large amount of caramel, it is really difficult to get this out of the pan. Try greasing the pie pan before beginning. Also, plan on more caramel than the recipe calls for. I used double the amount to get the coverage needed.

 Merry Christmas!

No comments: