December 9, 2011

25 Days of Christmas CoCo Style - Day 9: Craftiness and Stuff

CRAFTINESS:
I'm a crafty, do-it-myself kinda gal. I will usually try any project once (Minus scrapbooking. No time for that.). There have been many hits and misses throughout the years. Soap making comes to mind... Anyway, if you like to craft but are burned out on the standard ideas out there. Here are a few cool ideas for Christmas decor and gifts.

1. THE OLD GINGERBREAD HOUSE
Call me old fashioned, but I love a good gingerbread house.
Of course, I would probably Bedazzle mine.

2. CUP O'WAX
This candle in a cup project is a great way to get rid of old cups you
have lying around the house.

3. TAKE A PICTURE, IT LASTS LONGER.
This vintage camera nightlight is sooo cute. Seriously, what
photo junkie wouldn't love this?

4. AND THE AWARD FOR BEST USE OF OLD PRINGLES CAN GOES TO...
When I see Birch logs, I instantly think of Christmas. Super clever idea.

5. ANYTHING WITH HOT GLUE AND MOD PODGE IS A-OK
Bubble magnets from Crazy Wonderful via At The Picket Fence

6. HARDWARE
This candle holder project is right up my alley. I love wandering the aisles at
the hardware store looking for new ideas.

7. UPCYCLING AT IT'S FINEST
Go ahead and tear those books up!

8. WELL, HELLO MR. SUNBURST
Who doesn't love a good Sunburst Mirror? I know I do. And with this project,
you can make it any color you like.

9. RAID GRANDMA'S JEWELRY BOX
This brooch wreath makes me think of my Grandma and all of
the fun I had riffling through her jewelry box when I was little.

10. WHAT TO DO WITH THOSE PESKY PINE CONES
I have a neighbor with a gigantic Pine Tree. It drops pine cones in my yard ALL
of the time. Now I know what to do with them, make a pine cone garland.

*********************************************************************
AND STUFF:
If you're feeling the crafty Christmas spirit but don't have the time nor the talent, you're in luck. This weekend is a cornucopia of local Portland shopping and merriment. The hard part for me is deciding which spot to hit first.

The Portland Bazaar: 
Dec 10-11 from 9am-6pm
Sandbox Studios
420 NE 9th Avenue

From the minds of greatness, The Portland Bazaar was born. Hosts Grace Bonney, the mastermind behind Design Sponge, Greg Hennes from antler & co. and Matt Pierce at Wood&Faulk have put together what sounds to be one hell of a holiday experience. Not only with there be tons of shopping from local vendors, but classes on making a wreath, building a bike frame and lots of other goodies.

Crafty Wonderland
Dec 10-11 from 11am-6pm
Oregon Convention Center
777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd.

It's baaaaaack! Put on your bike helmet and handmade fingerless gloves and grab your Supportland card. It's Crafty Wonderland time, baby. This event has everything you could imagine and is a fab spot to do your holiday shopping for everyone on your list.


XOXO

No comments: