December 22, 2012

25 Days of Christmas CoCo Style - Day 22: One Divine Party


Today's guest post comes from Miss Amy at One Divine Party. This girl can really whip one hell of a party. Check out her website and read her clever idea for a Mommy and Me Pajama Party below...



This is a tradition that I started when my youngest Jonah was under a year and Jalen was almost 2 years old. Basically I am obsessed with making special moments and memories with my boys and especially my most favorite time of year...Christmas!!! Our segment isn't up yet but check back to watch the link where my boys and I share these ideas.
Here is what the party consists of....
Mom's and kids all wear pj's (I have to say there were a few people at the party this year that were on the naughty list for not coming in Pj's...you know who you are ;) I have invited as little as 6 kids and their moms to one year I think we had 16...that was wild and very fun:) I let the boys decide for the most part who comes and its for the most part the same people.
 Craft: We usually make ornaments with pictures that are taken at the party or the parents can add them in afterwards. The first one is from this years party that was TONIGHT and we didn't do a picture ornament but instead an empty glass ornament that they could fill or decorate!! This ornament was done by Jonah and had M&M's, marshmallows, red tulle, red tinsel, and red glitter!  The second one is one of my sweet Jonah from the very first party I threw (his first Christmas)...we put both of the boys up every year although the boys were playing with Jalen's so I'm not sure where its at at the moment ;) Its worn but brings back so many sweet memories!!!

Food: I usually do a fun themed snack or light dinner for the kids depending on the time of the party, this year we are doing it mid-week because weekends are so busy with everyone's schedules and decided to get Papa Murphy's for ease.
For Fun: I've done mommy cocktails, you could do a hot cocoa station, dessert bar of course, snow cone station etc.
Here is a link to some ahhhmazing Skinny Cocktails from Everyday Health.
My favorite one was The Sparkler, because it sounds so refreshing!
Springtime Elderflower Sparkler: 54 Calories
The snow is melting, and you can finally see some green peeking through the muddy landscape. Celebrate Mother Earth with an elderflower sparkler, a bubbly cocktail that’s bursting with Fresh Fruit Flavor.
Ingredients
1 tablespoon elderflower concentrate or syrup
1/4 cup extra-dry champagne
1/4 cup seltzer
Sprig fresh mint or edible flower for garnish
Directions: Place elderflower concentrate or syrup in the bottom of a champagne glass, add champagne and seltzer. Garnish with mint sprig or edible flowers, and voilĂ ! Serve promptly for best flavor.
Coordinating Tags/Banners/etc: I love to do this as I do with most of my dessert tables, Modern Moments Designs did some quick little tags and blank coloring sheet for us.  If you want the coloring sheet feel free to email Jessica :) 
Theme: I've done in years past Polar Express, drummer boy, gingerbread, snowman, and this year we are doing Charlie Brown...I am so excited!!!  Are these cookies by Sugar Shapes not the CUTEST!!!
Here is Jalen's (my oldest son)
cookie he decorated Sugar Shapes
awesome cookie kit.
Baking Craft: speaking of Charlie Brown we LOVE the amazing talents of Debbie with Sugar Shapes, she is beyond amazing and we've used her for several events (she donated the cutest mustache cookies and Oregon shaped cookies for our Give Thanks Benefit...wait until you see them!).  She sells decorating kids that are already done for you and make it a snap....can I tell you how happy I don't have to get this all prepared this year!  Here is what comes in the kit for $32 ..16 plain cookies, 5 assorted sprinkles and 3 bottles of frosting....can't tell you how happy I am about this and how cute is it!!!
Also a HUGE shout out to the awesome Charlie Brown Cake Pops by Peace of Cake Balls...her cake pops are so so delicious I use her for all my events!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and please let us know if you do something like this we would love to hear all about it :)
ARE YOU SO EXCITED about my PJ's....because I am and they are on the TOP of my best gifts list this Christmas!!!!  Locally made and completely customizable....they are called Funsie's!!!  Check out their website, like their page and be cozy.  I literally LIVE in mine....I even wore it to church on family service night, yes I really did and here is the picture to prove it with my fabulous boys Jalen & Jonah and adorable Godson Josiah :)

HEARTS

2 comments:

One Divine Party said...

Thanks you so much Lora, I can't wait to meet up for coffee!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for this blog post! Especially the point about talking like you are having a conversation is something I don’t have a blog but an informational site but it’s still very useful.Hot Shaper | Hair building fiber