December 23, 2012

25 Days of Christmas CoCo Style - Day 23: ABC Carpet and Home

On my trip to Manhattan earlier this month, I made sure to hit ABC Carpet & Home. I'm on their website all of the time, but I've never gone to the actual store in NYC until this trip. If only I had known what I was missing. The store has kept the beautiful old wood floors, beams and pillars, but is now filled with sparkly, pretty things. Each floor has a specific style and it's own feel.

I had heard that the store was massive, but I had no idea just how massive. Talk about an interior designer's dream come true. Six floors and almost 350,000 sq ft of oh so much goodness, I had a perma-grin. ABC Carpet & Home occupies 2 buildings and not only has furniture, rugs and accessories, but also has clothing, stationary, jewelry and other fantastic-ness. Did I also mention the endless unique Christmas decorations and trinkets. I could have purchased the whole first floor.

Next time I'm in the city, I will be reserving a minimum of 4 hours to visit the store. Did I mention there is a restaurant in the building, and pretty good from what I've been told. Smart move on the store's part. Feed the customers and give them more energy to keep on a shoppin'.



HEARTS

No comments: